Tuesday 3 September 2013

A Geranium for Nell


After making a Geranium dress for Bea I loved the pattern so much I wanted to make a coordinating one for Nell.  I also wanted to try cross stitching onto fabric using waste canvas so I decided to combine the two projects and came up with this cross stitched heart Geranium.




I lined the sleeves again just because I'm not a huge fan of the raw edge look, this time using the floral fabric on the outside as well.  I cross stitched a simple heart on the bodice and was really pleased with the way it turned out.  The waste canvas was great and I love a bit of embroidery on handmade kids clothes, it makes them feel a little bit more special.  I used the same linen look cotton for the skirt as it is so soft and lovely, especially after a few washes.  I may even make myself something from it!




I made the dress back in July but only recently managed to snap a couple of photos of her wearing it - she never stays still these days!



No comments: