Her characters and colour palette are lovely.
Wednesday, 22 June 2011
Since the summer has begun (sort of) poor old Bea has been suffering with getting very sweaty in her car seat. Luckily I have found a solution.
I used an old baby towel (the square ones with the hood) to make a car seat liner. I just took some measurements from the seat, cut out the shape and bound the raw edges.
She certainly seems more comfortable and I can just whip it out and wash it when needed. Has to be the most practical thing I have sewn yet!
Monday, 13 June 2011
I made this little top for Bea from a bit of curtain fabric, using McCalls 5353. The pattern is for a dress and bloomers but I made it as a top instead. Here she is modelling it whilst playing with a basket of pegs.
I love the red apple buttons, they go so nicely with the blue.
I also love the cross over back. Such an easy pattern but really lovely.