Thursday 26 May 2011

Daddy's hand-me-downs


Feeling inspired by a few shirt to dress refashions I've seen lately I dug an old shirt of my husbands out of the charity bag and managed to change it into a cute dress for Bea. As soon as I'd chopped it in half I wished I'd taken a before photo of the shirt, but I didn't.

I didn't draw out a pattern for this, I just took a few measurements from an existing dress and used the checked pattern of the shirt to help me cut straight. It was very simple and quick.


I used the front of the shirt as the back with its press stud fastenings to avoid adding buttons and used the shirts original hem to avoid hemming! I lined the bodice with a bit of one of my old shirts and hey presto! A free dress.


1 comment:

Suz said...

Very sweet! I love recycling:)